It's easy to start your application.
Unleash your potential with a degree from The Preston M. Green Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering (ESE).
We are taking innovation, technology, and scientific excellence to new heights. As a McKelvey engineer in the Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering, you’ll come alongside us as we produce new knowledge to solve national and international challenges that will change the world.
The Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering (ESE) provide students with the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key principles of practice in the field of electrical and systems engineering. Such an education offers our graduates a wide choice of career opportunities in industry, government, and academia. Currently we offer four bachelor's degree options, including two professional degree programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Applied Science Degrees
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (Electrical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (Systems Science and Engineering)
Second Major Options
- Second Major in Electrical Engineering
- Second Major in Systems Science & Engineering
- Second Major in Financial Engineering
All programs have flexible curricula as well as specific requirements. Students may elect programs of study tailored to individual interests and professional goals.
The Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering offers courses across a broad range of topic areas. Suggested example courses within several areas are listed below. To ensure courses fulfill the requirements for your degree or program, consult the Bulletin.
For planning your degree, review the Curriculum Flowchart, which maps degree requirements for our BS degrees in Electrical Engineering and Systems Science and Engineering.