2015 - 2019 Alumni Positions
- Jing Chen (BS EE, 2015) is pursuing a PhD in Robotics at Georgia Tech.
- Satcher Hsieh (BSAS EE, 2015) is pursuing a Physics PhD at University of California at Berkeley.
- Eric Hsu (BS EE, BS SSE 2015) is pursuing a MD/PhD at the University of Texas Southwestern.
- Madeleine Knapp (BS SSE, 2015) is pursuing a MS in Public Health at Yale University.
- Grace Kuo (BSEE, 2015) is pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Nongchao Li (BSAS SSE, 2015) is pursuing a PhD in Operations Research & Financial Engineering at Princeton University.
- Patrick Mannon (BS SSE, 2015) is pursuing a PhD in Operations Research at University of Texas, Austin.
- Daniel Moynihan (BS SSE, MS SSM, 2015) will be working in the Business and Systems Integration Department of Accenture.
- Bo Peng (PhD EE, 2015) is a Postdoctoral Researcher in IBM T.J. Watson Research Center.
- Yuecheng Shen (PhD EE, 2015) is a Postdoc in Dr. Lihong Wang's lab in the department of Biomedical Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Erin Swansen (BS SSE, 2015) is pursuing a MS in Electrical Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Malcolm Avery (BS SSE, 2015) is now working as a Business Analyst for ZS Associates in Evanston, Ill.
- Olivia Brown (BS SSE/ MS SSM, 2015) is an Associate Staff at MIT Lincoln Lab.
- Trinidy Combs (BS SSE, 2015) is now working in the Business and Systems Integration Department at Accenture.
- Jordan Helderman (BS EE, 2015) is now working at MITRE Corporations.
- Keyong Han (PhD EE, 2015) is a Technical Staff Member at Oracle Corp.
- Keshav Kohli (MS EE, 2015) is working as a clinical research scientist with a startup medical device company called Tendyne.
- Julie Mulvaney-Kemp (BS SSE, 2015) will be working as an Associate Consultant for Bain & Co.
- Anuj Patel (BS EE, BS SSE, 2015) is now working as a Software Developer for Miller Electric.
- Kunal Patel (BS EE, 2015) is a Technology Analyst at Accenture.
- Gary Savell (BS SSE, BSAS EE, 2015) is now working as a Systems Integration Analyst at Accenture.
- Erandy Segovia (BS SSE, 2015) is now working as an Application Development Specialist at IBM.
- Zhao Tan (PhD EE, 2015) is a Research Scientist at Facebook Inc.
2010 - 2014 Alumni Positions
- Dr. Murat Akcakaya (PhD EE, 2010; advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is now Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Ian Beil (BS EE, 2011) is now in the PhD program in Electrical Engineering at University of Michigan.
- Allison Betley (BSAS SSE, 2013) is now in the PhD program in Applied Mathematics at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Erik Brinkman (BS SSE, 2010) is now a PhD student in the department of Computer Science at the University of Michigan.
- Tyler Caldwell (BSAS SSE) is a doctoral student in Audiology at the University of Texas, Dallas.
- Joshua Coleman (BS SSE, Minor in Robotics, 2013) is pursuing a MS in Supply Chain Management at Washington University.
- Andrew Cowley (BS EE, 2013) is now in the PhD program in Electrical Engineering at the University of Colorado.
- Ignacio de Erausquin (BS EE, 2012) is now continuing his studies at Washington University pursuing a PhD in Systems and Mathematics.
- Sam Fok (BS EE and BME, 2011) is now in the PhD program at Stanford University .
- Chady Gemayel (BS SSE, 2013) is now in the PhD program in Finance at UCLA.
- Elad Gilboa (PhD EE, 2014) is Postdoctoral Researcher studying machine learning at Technion.
- Paul Goedeke (BS EE, 2013) is pursuing an MS in Electrical Engineering at the University of Minnesota.
- Charles Damian Holmes (BS EE, 2012) is now a MS student in Electrical Engineering at Washington University.
- Dr. Martin Hurtado (PhD EE, 2010; advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is now a Research Associate at CONICET and an Adjunct Professor at the National University of La Plata, Argentina.
- Mr. Austin Jones (BS SSE and MS SSM, 2010) is now a Ph.D. student in the department of Systems Engineering at Boston University.
- Dr. Patricio S. La Rosa (PhD EE, 2010; advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is Postdoctoral Research Associate in the General Medical Sciences Division at the Department of Internal Medicine , at Washington University in St. Louis..
- Yujing Lin (BS EE, MS SSM, 2013) is now in the PhD program in Industrial Engineering at Northwestern University.
- Aswin John Mathews (PhD EE, 2014; advisor: Professor Joseph
O’Sullivan) is now a Postdoctoral Research Associate at
University under the supervision of Prof. J. Webster Stayman. His research focus is on low-dose imaging for task specific X-ray CT
- Aaron Mosher (BS SSE, 2011) is now in the PhD program in Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology .
- Calvin Murdock (BS EE, 2013) is pursuing a PhD in machine learning at Carnegie Mellon University .
- Ashley Nault (BSAS SSE, 2012) is attending medical school.
- Professor Marija Nikolic (PhD EE, 2011; Advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Belgrade, Serbia.
- Evan Nixon (BS SSE, BSAS EE 2012) is now pursuing a MS in Computer Science at Stanford University, specializing in Artificial Intelligence.
- Ikenna Odinaka (PhD EE, 2014; advisor: Professor Joseph O’Sullivan) is currently a Postdoctoral Associate at Duke University under the supervision of Prof. David Brady. His research focus is on the design and implementation of efficient algorithms for X-ray scatter image reconstruction and the ensuing material classification.
- Bradley Pelz (BSEE, 2010) is now in the PhD program as a Research Assistant at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Colleen Rhoades (BSAS SSE, Minor in SSE, 2013) is now in the PhD program in Bioengineering at Stanford University.
- Professor Justin Ruths (PhD SSM, 2011; advisor: Professor Jr-Shin Li) is now with Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Dr. Pinaki Sarder (PhD EE, 2010); advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is now Postdoctoral Research Associate, Optical Imaging Lab, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine.
- Alison Schroeder (BS SSE, 2011) is now in the PhD program in Industrial Engineering at Purdue University .
- Jennifer Sisto (BSAS SSM, Second Major: Healthcare Management in Olin Business School, 2010) is now a Graduate Student Researcher at the Berkeley Center for Health Technology, pursuing a Master of Public Health in Health Policy & Management at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health.
- Mr. Michael Steinbock (BS EE, BS CoE, 2010) is now a PhD student at the Air Force Institute of Technology , where he is studying optical-atmospheric interactions for military applications.
- Mr. Zhenhuan Sui (BS SSE, 2011) is now a PhD student at The Ohio State University, where he is studying Operations Research.
- Andrew Wiens (BS EE, 2013) is in the PhD program in Electrical Engineering at Georgia Tech.
- Chen Zhao (BSAS EE, BS BME, 2014) is pursuing an MS in Biomedical Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.
- Paula Avery (BS/MS EE, BSAS SSE, 2013) is now in the Engineering Rotation Development Program at Pacific Gas & Electric, in San Francisco, CA.
- Taoridi Bello (MS EE 2013) is an Electrical Engineer at ExxonMobil, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Alex Benjamin (BS EE, BSAS SSE) is a Consultant with Bain & Company.
- Jason Binder (BS EE, 2013) is now working as an Electrical Engineer at Square.
- Yaqi Chen (PhD EE, 2014) is an image Scientist at Monsanto Company.
- Jeanie Chung (BSAS SSE, 2012) is now a Functional Analyst with Razorfish, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois.
- Benjamin Cutting (BS SSE, 2012) s a Logistics Group Manager with Anheuser-Busch, St. Louis.
- Anne Dohmen (BSAS EE, BS SSE, 2013) is now working in manufacturing at Proctor & Gamble.
- William Donnelly (BSEE, 2013) is now working as a Site Reliability Engineer for Google, Inc.
- Anna Etherington (BS SSE, 2014) works for Accenture in Chicago, IL.
- Sarah Fern (BS SSE, 2011) is now a Business Technology Analyst at Deloitte, Chicago.
- Cameron Fleming (BS EE, BSAS SSE, 2014) is now working as a Software Engineer at the FactSet Research Systems Inc. in Norwalk, CT.
- Alexander Richard Ferris (BS SSE, 2012) is now working for Bluefin Trading , in New York.
- Daniel Goldberg (BS SSE, 2014) works for NASDAQ.
- Danielle Nicole Hoover (BS SSE, 2012) is now working as a Systems Engineer at Boeing, in St. Louis.
- Trevor Hu (BS SSE, 2013) is now working as an Actuary at Mutual Insurance.
- Dr. Alan Kaplan (PhD EE, 2011; advisor: Professor Joseph O'Sullivan) is now Research Engineer at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Hidemasa Kato (BS SSE, 2013) is now working as a People Operations Analyst at Google, in Mountain View, CA.
- Jake Lefkowitz (BS EE, 2013) is now working as an entry-level Electrical Engineer at Burns & McDonnell , in Kansas City.
- Dr. Po-Hsiang Lai (DSc EE, 2012; advisor: Professor Joseph A. O’Sullivan) is now a Senior Research Engineer at Emerging Technology Lab, Samsung Research America, Dallas.
- Yongjia Jenny Liu (BS EE, 2013) is now working as a Lab Tech.
- Allie Lockhart (BS SSM, BSAS EE, 2014) works as Electrical Engineer at Environmental Systems Design, Inc.,Chicago, Illinois.
- Alex Mentch (BS/MSEE, 2011) is a Data Scientist at Facebook.
- Jeremiah O’Driscoll (BSEE, 2012) is now working as a Staff Hardware Engineer at Blendics, Inc.
- Dr. Emir Osmanagic (BSEE, 1997, MSEE, 2000, PhD EE, 2011; advisors: Professor Martin Arthur and Professor Dmitriy Yablonskiy) is Director of Technical Services - Technology at the Baxter BioScience in Thousand Oaks, CA, beginning January 2014.
- Christine Powers (BSSSE, 2011) is now a Custom Analyst in the Professional Services Analytics Program at the Nielsen Company, Wilton, CT.
- Ji Qi (PhD EE, 2014) is a Seismic Imager at CGGVeritas Inc.
- Marc Remmert (BSEE, 2013) is a Project Engineer with Sachs Electric Company in St. Louis, MO.
- Nathan Russell (MS ME 2008, MS EE 2011) is an electrical engineer specializing in computational electromagnetics in Boeing's Phantom Works division.
- Sydney Saito (BS EE, MS SSM, Minor in SSE, 2013) is now working as a Systems Engineer at Raytheon Missiles Systems, in Tucson, AZ.
- Dr. Satyabrata Sen (PhD EE, 2010; advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is Wigner Fellow with the Complex Systems Group in the Computer Science and Mathematics Division at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Jessica Stigile (BSSSE, 2010) is Associate Staff Member at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- Ge Song (BS SSE, 2014) is a Platform Software Engineer with Dell Inc. in Austin, TX.
- Peng Yang(PhD EE, 2014) is a Data Scientist at MasterCard.
- Philip Thomas (BS SSE, Minor in EE, 2013) is now working as a Software Engineer at OpenDNS, San Francisco, CA.
- Glenn Welt (BS SSE and Finance, 2011) is now an Assistant Trader at SIG.
- Brent Ytterberg (BSAS SSE, 2013) is now working as a Mechanical Engineer at Intelligrated.
- Jung Yun (BSSSE, 2014) is a Project Manager with Epic.
2005-2009 Alumni Positions
- Professor Xiuxia Du (MSSSM, 2004, DSc SSM, 2005; advisor: Professor Bijoy K. Ghosh) is now an Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Dr. Zachary Feinstein (BS SSE, 2009) is now an Assistant Professor in ESE at Washington University .
- Professor Brian Fischer (DSc SSM, 2005; advisor: Professor Bijoy K. Ghosh) is now an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Seattle University.
- Professor Narayan Ganesan (DSc SSM 2006, Advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is now a faculty member in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Stevens Institute of Technology
- Dr. Daniel Livengood (BS SSE, 2005, MS SSM, 2005) is now a researcher with the Post-Traumatic Stress Innovations project at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and will be an Adjunct Lecturer at Washington University in St. Louis, beginning January 2014.
- Dr. Gang Shi (DSc EE, 2006; advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is Research Assistant Professor in the Division of Biostatistics, at Washington University in St. Louis
Guangji Beverly Xu (MS EE, 2008) is now Software Developer in Test at Microsoft, on the Windows Server Active Directory team.
Dr. Ruoting Yang (PhD SSM, 2008; advisor: Professor Tzyh-Jong Tarn) is now the Chief Computational Biologist in Integrative Systems Biology, US Army Medical Research and Material Command (USACEHR) and the Bioinformatics Analyst III in SAIC-Frederick National Lab.
- Frank Bergh (BS EE, 2008) is the Director of Engineering Operations at SoCore Energy, a solar photovoltaic developer based in Chicago.
- Ben Kruger (BS EE 2008) is now a student in the PhD program for Physics and Nanotechnology and a Research Associate in the Rolandi Group at the University of Washington.
- Dr. Theodore Eugene Day (BSc SSE, 1996, MSc SSM, 1998, DSc ESE, 2006; Advisor: Professor Ervin Y. Rodin), ) is now the Principal Health Systems Specialist at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, a major academic medical center associated with the University of Pennsylvania.
- Nathan K. McGregor (MS SSM, 2004, PhD ESE, 2007; advisors: Christopher I. Byrnes and Alberto Isidori) is the Editor in Chief of the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law. He will graduate from Vanderbilt University Law School in May, 2011. After passing the bar, he will clerk for the Honorable Cornelia A. Clark, Chief Justice of the Tennessee Supreme Court.
- Nathan Shemonski (BSEE 2009) is now a PhD student with Professor Stephen Boppart in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Benjamin Siepser (BS EE 2008, BS CoE 2008) is an Avionics Design Engineer specializing in FPGAs at Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX).
- Dr. Naveen Singla (MSc EE 2003, DSc EE 2005; Advisor: Professor Joseph A. O’Sullivan) is manager of the IT Advanced Analytics group at Monsanto Company.
- Kate Stambaugh (BS SSE, 2009) is now a Space Systems Engineer at the Johns Hopkins University - Applied Physics Lab (APL).
- Dr. Jian Wang (DSc EE 2007: advisor: Professor Arye Nehorai) is now VP at CITICS Securities, Hong Kong, China.
- Grant Taylor Williams (BSEE 2007, BSCoE 2007, MSEE 2007) is now an Associate at Lincoln International, LLC, where he leverages his professional engineering experience to advise proprietors of family owned businesses on mergers and acquisitions.
2000 - 2004 Alumni Positions
- Professor Fabio Celani (MSc SSM, 1999, DSc SSM, 2003; advisors: Professors Chris Byrnes and Alberto Isidori) is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Astronautical, Electrical, and Energetic Engineering of Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
- Professor Jennifer A Dionne (BSSSE, BS Physics 2003) is now with the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford University.
- Dr. Chunli Liu (DSc EE, 2002; Advisor: Professor Barbara A. Shrauner) is Associate Professor at the Department of Physics, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Korea.
- Professor Zoran Nenadic (DSc SSM, 2001; advisor: Professor Bijoy K. Ghosh) is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and an Associate Professor (Joint Appointment) in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at University of California, Irvine.
- Professor Alpay Ozcan (DSc SSM, 2000; advisor: Professor Heinz Schaettler) is now a Research Assistant Professor in the Arlington Innovation Center at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Professor Peerayot Sanposh (DSc SSM, 2001; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) becomes Director of Industrial Cooperation at Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Professor Andrea Serrani (DSc SSM, 2000; advisor: Professor Alberto Isidori) is now a Professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University.
- Professor Tun Zainal Azni Zulkifli (DSc EE, 2002; Advisor: Professor Daniel L. Rode), is currently Senior Lecturer with the RMIC Group at Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Professor Mingjun Zhang (DSc SSM, 2000; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) becomes Director of the Nano Bio-systems, Bio-instrumentation and Automation Lab at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- Vijay Bangaru (BSEE and CE, 2002) became Vice President of Product Management at MapQuest.
- Eldar Causevic (BSEE 1999, MBA 2002) joins the School of Engineering & Applied Science,Washington University in St. Louis, as the new Executive Director of Professional Development.
- Brandy Ruthsatz Gorham (BS SSE 1999 , MS SSM 2000) is now Chief of the RYAAX Section within AFRL.
- Dr. Raja Mitra (DSc SSM, 2000; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is now the Director of Product and R&D at Cadence Design Systems.
- Dr. Ashoka Polpitiya (MSSSM, 2000, DSc SSM, 2004; advisor: Professor Bijoy K. Ghosh) is now a Bioinformatician in the Center for Proteomics at the Translational Genomics Research Institute.
- Jared Starman (BSEE, 2002) is currently a Senior Associate at Exponent in Menlo Park, CA. He received his PhD in EE from Stanford in 2011.
- Kyle Woerner (BSSSE 2004) is a submarine officer in the US Navy currently in the Naval Engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
1995 - 1999 Alumni Positions
- Dr. Jeremy Ackerman (BSE in SSE and BS in BES, 1996) is the Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Emory University and the Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering in the joint Department of Biomedical Engineering at Emory and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech).
- Professor Robert Akl (MSc EE, 1996, DSc EE, 2000; Advisor: Professor Paul Min) is promoted to tenured Associate Professor at the University of North Texas.
- Professor Hongyu An (BSEE, 1999) is now an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine .
- Professor David W. Barnett (DSc EE with BME Certificate 1995, Advisors: Professors William Pickard and Stanley Misler) became the Dean of Engineering at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- Dr. Daryl Beetner (DSc EE, 1997, MSEE, 1994; advisor: Professor R.M. Arthur), is the Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
- Steven P. Jacobs (BS EE 1987, MSEE 1990, DSc EE 1996; advisor: Professor Joseph A. O'Sullivan) is now with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Pittsburgh.
- Professor Sarang Joshi (BSEE 1990, MSc EE, 1993, DSc 1998; advisor: Professor Michael I. Miller) is now with the University of Utah.
- Professor Navin Khaneja (MSc EE, MSc Math, 1996) is now McKay Professor of Electrical Engineering at Harvard University.
- Saied Hosseini Khayat (MSEE 1991, DSc EE 1997; advisor: Professor Jerome R. Cox) is now with the Department of Electrical Engineering at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad , Iran.
- Professor J. Nicholas Laneman (BSEE and BSCS, 1995) is now an associate professor in the department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Notre Dame.
- Professor Aaron D. Lanterman (MSc EE 1995, DSc EE. 1998; advisors: Professors Michael Miller and Donald L. Snyder), now with Georgia Institute of Technology, is appointed one of seven 2009 Hesburgh Award Teaching Fellows.
- Professor Nader Mir (MSc EE, 1990, DSc EE, 1995; Advisor: Professor Jon Turner), now with San Jose State University, publishes a new book on Computer and Communication Networks.
- Professor Chrysanthe Preza (BSc EE & BSc CS 1987, MSc EE 1990, MSc CS 1991,DSc EE 1998; advisors: Professors Michael I. Miller and Donald L. Snyder) was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure as of September 1, 2010. Professor Preza also received the Herff College 2010 Outstanding Faculty Research award
- Professor Anuj Srivastava (MSEE 1993, DSc EE 1996; advisor: Professor Michael I. Miller) is now with the Department of Statistics at Florida State University.
- Karen L. Troy (BS SSE and BS BME, 1999) is now an Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioengineering and the Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Professor Rudiger Urbanke MSEE 1992, PhD EE 1995; advisor: Professor Bixio Rimoldi) is now with the School of Computer& Communication Sciences (I&C) at École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne.
- Dr. Randall Bateman (BSEE, 1995) is now an associate professor in the Department of Neurology at the Washington Univeristy school of medicine.
- Dr. Marcelo Cordaro (DSc EE, 1996, Advisor: Prof. Dan Rode) is now President of Pöyry Group in Brazil, a global engineering and consulting company having over 7000 employees in more than 50 countries.More.
- Mr. Matt Ettus (BSEE and CS, 1996), founder of Ettus Research LLC is a major contributor to the GNU Radio project. Ettus is the creator of the Universal Software Radio Peripheral (USRP), high-speed USB-based board for making software radios. Ettus Research serves clients in Wireless Communications, DSP, and Software Radio design.
- Dr. Quinn Li (BS EE 1991, MS EE 1995, PhD EE 1996) is a Vice President and Managing Director for North America at Qualcomm Ventures, overseeing investment activities in North America.
- Dr. Daniel A. O'Connor (MSc 1975, DSc SSM, 1998; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn), is now Group Leader of the Ballistic Missile Defense Integration Group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- Dr. Raghu Raj (BSEE 1998) is now a Research Engineer in the Radar Division of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
- Dr. Katherine A. Rink (BSSSE, 1993, MS SSM, 1996, DSc SSM, 1998; advisor: Professor Ervin Y. Rodin), is now Assistant Head of the Air and Missile Defense Technology Division at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- Scott Simon (BSEE and BSCE, 1999) is now the founder and president of Voicebox Karaoke.
- Dr. Ilker Tunay (DSc SSM, 1999; advisor: Professor Ervin Rodin) is now Senior Research Scientist at Stereotaxis, Inc.
1990 - 1994 Alumni Positions
- Professor Massoud Amin(MSc SSM, 1986, DSc SSM, 1990; advisor: Professor Ervin Y. Rodin) is now a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Director of the Center for the Development of Technological Leadership, and the Honeywell/H.W. Sweatt Chair in Technological Leadership at the University of Minnesota. Professor Amin is also the founding chair of the IEEE Smart Grid Newsletter.
- Professor Gary E. Christensen (BSEE 1988, MSEE 1990, DSc EE 1994; Advisor: Professor Michael I. Miller) is now a professor in the Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Radiation Oncology at The University of Iowa.
- Professor John Hasenbein (BS SSE, 1991) is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin .
- Professor Wei Lin (MSSSM, 1991, DSc SSM, 1993; advisor: Professor Christopher Byrnes) is now a professor in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Case Western Reserve University.
- Dr. Ammar Reyes (DSc EE, 1994; advisor: Professor Paul Min) is now a Distinguished Engineer at Cisco Smart Services. He is also an Adjunct Professor at San Jose State University and the Editor-in-Chief of the newly created journal "Advances of Internet of Things."
- Professor Pierre Moulin (DSc EE, 1990; advisors: Professor Donald L. Snyder and Professor Joseph A. O'Sullivan), now with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign becomes Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Trans. of Information Forensic and Security. More
- Professor Viswanath Ramakrishna (PhD SSM, 1991; advisor: Professor Heinz Schaettler) is now a professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Professor Steven C. Reising (BSEE 1989, MSEE 1991) is now a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Colorado State University.
- Professor Timothy J. Schulz (DSc EE, 1990; advisor: Professor Donald L. Snyder) is appointed Dean of Engineering of Michigan Tech. More
- Professor Vaithianathan Venkatasubramanian (MSc SSM, 1989, DSc SSM, 1992; advisor: Professor John Zaborszky and Professor Heinz Schaettler), is now with the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Washington State University..
- Professor Russ Waitman (BSEE 1990) is now Associate Professor and Director of Medical Informatics in the Department of Biostatics at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Professor Ning Xi (DSc SSM, 1993; advisor: Professor T.J Tarn) now with Michigan State University, is now President Elect of the IEEE NANO Technology Council.
- Mr. Gaurav Garg (BSEE, 1988, BSCS, 1988, MSEE, 1990) is now the Managing Partner for Baccharis Capital LLC, a new venture capital firm in Silicon Valley. He co-founded and serves on the boards of a number of technology companies including Ruckus Wireless (RKUS) and FireEye.
- Mr. Jamal Hameedi (BSEE, 1991), is currently Special Vehicle Team (SVT) Chief Engineer at Ford Motor Company.
- Dr. Abed Hammoud (DSc EE, 1994; advisor: Professor Donald L. Snyder) is now Chief Executive Officer of Renishaw Mayfield.
- Dr. Frank Robey (DSc EE, 1990, Advisor: Prof. Daniel R. Fuhrmann), is associate leader of the RF Technology Group, which develops and demonstrates innovative RF technologies as solutions to emerging national security needs in radar, electronic warfare, and communications at MIT Lincoln Lab.
- Dr. Hardiv H. Situmeang (DSc SSM, 1993; advisor: Professor John Zaborszky) is Senior Advisor to PT PLN (Persero), Indonesia. More.
- Dr. Kurt Smith (DSc EE 1990) is the Global Vice-President of a medical technology company in St. Louis.
- Dr. Di Yan (DSc SSM, 1990; advisor: Professor Hiro Mukai) becomes Director of Clinical Physics at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI.
1985-1989 Alumni Positions
- Professor Lateef Adelani (MS SSM 1984; DSc SSM 1987; advisor: Professor Ervin Rodin) is now a Professor of Mathematics and the dean of the College of Arts & Sciences at Harris-Stowe University. Previously, he was the chair of the Department of Mathematics at Harris-Stowe University.
- Professor Juan F. Arratia (DSc EE 1985; advisor: Professor Raymond Kline) now with Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Professor Jonathan P. Caulkins (BSSSE and MSSSM, 1987) is now a Professor of Operations Research and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Professor Xin Feng (MSSSM, 1984, DSc SSM, 1987; advisor: Professor Mukai) is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Marquette University .
- Professor Costas N. Georghiades (MSEE, 1983, DSc EE, 1985; advisor: Professor Donald Snyder) is now the Delbert A. Whitaker Professor and Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University.
- Dr. Christopher R. Jacobs (BSSSE, 1988) is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Columbia University.
- Colonel James Raftery (BSEE, 1988) is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at West Point Military Academy . He is also a member of the Army Signal Corps and Acquisition Corps.
- Professor Badri Roysam (DSc EE, 1989; advisor: Professor Michael I. Miller) is now with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Professor Philip Tsang (BSEE 1986) is now a professor and Vice President, Academic and Research, of the Caritas Institute of Higher Education.
- Professor Turhan Tunali (DSc SSM, 1985; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is now Director of the International Computer Institute at Ege University in Izmir, Turkey.
- Professor Cedric Xinshen Yu(MSEE 1985, DSc EE 1989; advisor: Prof. Shipton) is now the Carl M. Mansfield Professor of Radiation Oncology in the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- Professor Xiaoping Yun (DSc SSM, 1987; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is now a Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Naval Postgraduate School .
- Professor Ellen Zegura (BSEE, 1987) is now the chair of the Department of Computer Science at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Michael Barry (BSCE, 1983, MSEE, 1988) joins Pachira IP Inc. in Ottawa as VP of Patent Licensing.
- Mr. Steven Broadstone (BSEE 1984, MSEE 1986, DSc EE, 1988; advisor: Dr. R. Martin Arthur) is Vice President, Research and Development, at Teratech Corporation.
- Nick Colarelli (MSc EE, 1986) is now Executive Vice President of Hunter Engineering Company.
- Dr. Robert Crow (BS EE and SSE, 1989) is Vice President of Sensing Strategies, Inc., which specializes in solving problems related to remote sensing. Dr. Crow received his PhD in EE from Princeton University in 1994.
- Mark Dehnert (BS SSM & MBA 1989) is Managing Director of Equities at Goldman Sachs.
- Dr. Ronald Esman (MSc EE, 1983 , DSc ,1986; advisor: Professor Daniel Rode) serves as a Program Manager at the DARPA Microsystems Technology Office(MTO) since 2007.
- Mark Freeman (BSEE 1981, MSEE 1985) is a Managing Director in the Securities Division at Goldman Sachs.
- Dr. Gregory Hyslop (DSc SSM, 1989; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is currently Vice President and General Manager of Boeing Strategic Missile and Defense Systems in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Nathan Judish (BSEE, BS SSE, A.B. History, 1989) is Senior Counsel in the U.S. Department of Justice Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section.
- Dr. Yuval Lirov (DSc SSM 1987, Advisor: Professor Ervin Rodin) is now the CEO of Vericle , a software maker for medical practice management systems and billing services.
- Mr. Robert Mullenger (BSEE 1989) is now the Director of Central Pharmacy Solutions at Omnicell Inc . He received the 2004 Washington University Young Alumni Award.
- Ms. Anna Patterson (BSEE, BSCS, 1987), is now Director of Google Research, Google Inc..
- Brian Peaslee (BSEE 1987) is the Chief Engineer for electric propulsion systems at Magna Electronics, part of the Magna Powertrain group. He is the product development director for inverter, motor & generator design, for hybrid and electric vehicle drive systems. Products featured in the Fisker Karma P-HEV and Ford Focus BEV.
- Mr. David Sandel (BSEE 1985) now works with his company Sandel & Associates on a project to develop a media hub to accelerate innovation and economic development in The Loop in the St. Louis area.
- Ben Slocumb (BS SSE, 1986, MSEE, 1988; advisor: Donald L. Snyder) is now Vice President of Programs and Business Development at Numerica Corporation.
- Dr. Jeremy Rich (BSEE 1989) is now Chair of the Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine in the Lerner Research Institute at Cleveland Clinic and a Professor in the Department of Molecular Medicine at Case Western Reserve University .
- Mr. Joe Wojtal (BSEE 1986) is now the Vice President of Engineering Operations and Systems Development at Cisco Systems.
1980-1984 Alumni Positions
- Dr. Theodore Manikas (MSc EE, 1984) is currently a Research Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Southern Methodist University
- Professor Prakash Narayan (MS SSM, 1978, DSc EE, 1981; advisor: Professor Donald L. Snyder) is now with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Professor Patrick Roblin (DSc EE, 1984; advisor: Professor Marcel Muller) is now a professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University.
- Professor Renjeng Su (DSc SSM, 1980; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is dean of Portland State University's Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Professor Mark Spong (DSc SSM, 1981; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn), now Dean of Engineering at the University of Texas at Dallas, becomes the Lars Magnus Ericsson Chair in Electrical Engineering and the Excellence in Education Chair in the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Mr. Rick Butler (BSEE 1980) is now the Senior Director of the Sales Compensation Center of Excellence at Cisco Systems.
- Dr. Yilong Chen (DSc SSM, 1984; advisor: Professor T.J. Tarn) is now General Director of Asia Pacific Affairs and chief representative in China of the Automotive Industry Action Group.
- Jamal Farhat (BSEE 1980, MSEE 1981) is Vice President and Chief Information Officer for BorgWarner, Inc. a publicly traded engineering and manufacturing company in the automotive industry.
- Dr. Rowan Gilmore (MS EE, 1982, DSc EE, 1984; advisor: Professor F.J. Rosenbaum) is now the CEO of EM solutions and an adjunct professor at the University of Queensland.
- Mr. Edward Godshalk (BS EE, 1982, MS EE, 1983) is now the Director of the Electro-Magnetics group at Maxim Integrated Products.
- Dr. Luo-Jen "Larry" Chiang (DSc SSM 1982; advisor: Professor John Zaborszky) is now a Senior Advisor and Former President of Siemens Telecommunication Systems. He is also the father of Joy Chiang (BSEE and BSBME 2010).
- Leo Fong (BS & MS SSM, 1979; BSEE, 1980) is now the CEO of QuinStar Technology, Inc.
- Ms. Janet M. Holloway (MSc AMCS,1983), is now the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff for Monsanto Company. She received an Alumni Achievement Award in 2010.
- William Homer (MSc EE, 1980; BSEE, 1976), has been named Director, Research & Development, for Global Device Management LLC in Chicago. GDM develops and supplies information integration equipment for use in hospital operating rooms.
- Mr. Sanjai Kohli (MSc SSM 1981) is now the chief technology officer (CTO) of SiRF Technology Inc. has won the prestigious 2010 European Inventor Award for making GPS a consumer product.
- Rick J. Oertli (BSEE 1982) is now Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Guarantee Electrical.
- Dr. Hans Rohdin (DSc, 1982; advisor: Professor Marcel Muller) is now a senior engineer at Avago Technologies.
- Mr. Greg Sullivan (BS SSM, 1981) is now Chief Executive Officer of Global Velocity, Inc.
- Norma Taber (BS SSM, MS SSM, 1980) is now a Systems Engineer at MITRE.
- Mr. David Walker (BSEE, 1982, MSEE, 1983) is now a researcher at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
1975-1979 Alumni Positions
- Dr. Dev J. Banerjee (MSc SSM 1974, DSc ME 1977), now Director of Systems Engineering for Boeing Integrated Defense Systems IDS receives an Alumni Achievement Award.
- Mr. Kerry Bernstein (BS EE 1978) joined DARPA in September 2102 as a program manager in the Microsystems Technology Office. He previously spent 33 years at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and IBM Microelectronics. Mr. Bernstein has co-authored four textbooks, holds 155 patents, and is a Fellow of the IEEE.
- Dr. David Corman (MS SSM & ME 1978, BS SSM & AMCS 1977) is the Program Director leading the Cyber Physical Systems Program for the National Science Foundation, and is a Research Associate Professor in the Preston M. Green Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Mr. Zachary Lemnios (MScEE, 1979) is now the Vice President of Research Strategy of IBM. He received the 2010 Alumni Achievement Award. Earlier he was Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering of the US Department of Defense. Before assuming the position of ASD (R&E), Mr. Lemnios was the Chief Technology Officer of MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- Dr. Asher Madjar (DSc EE, 1979; advisor: Professor Fred Rosenbaum) is now an engineering consultant. From 1969 to 2008, he was a scientist at Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and a visiting or external faculty member at various universities.
- Dr. Richard P. Mattione (BSSSM 1977) is now the Head of International Active Division and Portfolio Manager at Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo and Co.
- Dr. Joan Saniuk (MSc SSM, 1978) is now a mathematics and statistics specialist at Pearson Education in Boston, MA.
- Dr. John Sommerer (BS SSM, MSc SSM, 1979) has retired from his position as Head of the Space Department of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in 2013.
1970-1974 Alumni Positions
- Professor Sung-Chung "Henry" Huang (SSM, 1973) is now a Professor of Biomathematics, Biomedical Physics, and Pharmacology at the UCLA School of Medicine .
- Dr. Santanu Das (DSc EE, 1973; advisors: Dr. Robert Gregory and Dr. Henry Chuang) is Founder and former CEO of TranSwitch Corporation.
- Dr. Keh-Ping Dunn (MS SSM, 1971; D.Sc. SSM, 1974, Advisor: Professor Ian Rhodes) is now Senior Staff in the BMDS Integration Group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. He was the Group Leader of Missile Defense Elements before this position. [Note: to be precise Dr. Dunn's degrees were in Control System Science and Engineering (CSSE), a precursor to SSM.]
- Albert Ip (BS Applied Math & CS 1973) is CEO of Langham Hospitality Investments, a listed hotel company in Hong Kong. He also sits on the boards of seven other publicly listed companies: AEON Credit Service (Asia) Company Ltd., Hopewell Holdings Ltd., Hopewell Highway Infrastructure Ltd., Lifestyle International Holdings Ltd., New World China Land Ltd., Power Assets Holdings Ltd., and TOM Group Ltd, and Eagle Asset Management Ltd., asset manager of publicly listed company Champion Reit. He is a Member of the Legal Aid Services Council of the Hong Kong SAR government and sits on the Board of Governors of the World Green Organization. Albert is also a Research Fellow in the Institute of Financial Economics at Singapore Management University, an Adjunct Professor and Council Member of Lingnan University, Adjunct Professor of City University of Hong Kong, a Member and Governor of Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, an Executive Fellow in Asia of Washington University in St. Louis, and a Member of International Advisory Committee at University of Macau. He was an MBA lecturer at University of Pittsburgh and is an Honorary Fellow of the Vocational Training Council.
- Robert Kinberg (BS EE, 1970) is a Partner at Venable LLP , specializing in Intellectual Property and Patent Law.
- Stephen G. Kunin (BS EE 1970) is a partner in the intellectual property specialty law firm of Oblon, McClelland, Maier and Neustadt, L.L.P. and serves on the firm’s Management as General Counsel.
- Larry McCord (BS Applied Math & CS 1974, MDP 1977) is the Business Manager for CHADS (Communities Healing Adolescent Depression & Suicide) Coalition for Mental Health, which presents in-school suicide prevention presentations for middle schools, high schools and colleges, and also offers bullying prevention programs and family support programs. Before starting work with CHADS, he retired from an enjoyable career in IT working for various companies in St. Louis.
- Mr. Robert Parks (BSEE 1973) is now the cofounder and president of Communications Programming, Inc.. Recent work of the company includes the development of tiny, portable control devices for prosthetics.
- David J. Rossetti (BS in Applied Mathematics & Computer Science, 1974) retired in 2012 from Cisco Systems where his most recent position was Vice President of Research and University Relations. He received the School of Engineering Alumni Achievement Award in 2004.
- Mr. Charles E. Simmons (BSEE, 1970) has now received an Alumni Achievement Award. Charles E. Simmons retired in 2000 from Network Appliance Inc., where he worked as vice president of marketing and vice president of corporate development.
- Garry E. Wendlandt (BS Applied Math & CS, 1972), is now Vice Chairman, New York Life Insurance Company.
1965-1969 Alumni Positions
- Professor T. Alan Hurwitz(BSEE 1965) is now President of Gallaudet University.
- Professor Gerald R. Kane(BSEE 1968), now with the University of Tulsa is President of the Board of Directors, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Heads Association (ECEDHA), for 2008/2009.
1960-1964 Alumni Positions
- Dr. Lawrence S. Goldberg (BS Engineering Physics, 1961) is now Senior Engineering Advisor, NSF Electrical, Communications and Cyber Systems Division.
- Mr. Barry Siegen (BSEE 1961) is now retired. Previously, he was the founder of Intersil, then named Elantec Semiconductor.
1955-1959 Alumni Positions
- George Bauer (BS IE 1953, MSc IE 1959) is now a member of the Washington University board of trustees and is a former IBM executive. He has provided many financial donations to the university and various philanthropic causes, including a recent donation for the construction of a new building in the Washington University school of business.
1935-1939 Alumni Positions
- Preston M. Green (BSEE, 1936) was President and Chairman of Southwest Steel Supply Co. The ESE department was named after him in 2006 and the new Preston M. Green Hall houses the ESE Department. More